AMFI Registered Mutual Fund Distributor | SEBI registered Investment Adviser
FSM LOGO

                    


titl_l_gif
Research
title_r_gif
Share | Email Print more
Recommended Portfolios Update - April 2013
May 14, 2013

This is a brief update of the performance of our Recommended Portfolios for April 2013.


Author : iFAST Research



Recommended Portfolio Update - April 2013

The Recommended Portfolios underwent a revamp last on February 1, 2013. The strategy being that it will undergo a change whenever our outlook on the equity markets change or when we review our recommended funds’ list. The current churning of the portfolio was done on account of the review in the recommended funds’ list.

  • Unless specified, all the returns stated are on a month-on-month basis

  • The target allocation for the specific portfolio may change depending on our views on the market

  • In all the portfolios, we currently hold a neutral position in equities

We had launched our portfolios for the first time on February 26, 2010.Since then we have been publishing the performance of our portfolios on a monthly basis. We have also been maintaining a benchmark internally for these portfolios, the performance of which was not made available in the public domain. On request from our FAs and investors, we have decided to publish the performance of our benchmark from this month onwards.

 

1. Conservative Portfolio

Portfolio Objective:
To achieve long-term capital appreciation by investing 90% into bond funds and the remaining 10% into equity funds.

Total Investment:

INR 1,00,000

Portfolio CAGR since inception:
(Inception Date: 26 Feb 2010)

8.87%

Portfolio Value:

 INR 1,30,869

April 2013 Portfolio Return:

1.49%

    April 2013 Benchmark Return:

2.64%

Portfolio Commentary:

Debt funds:
PineBridge India Short Term Fund (Short Term): 1.01%
Templeton India Ultra-Short Bond Fund (Ultra Short Term): 1.02%
Canara Robeco Income Fund (Income): 1.93%
Birla Sun Life Dynamic Bond Fund (Dynamic Bond): 1.67%

Equity funds:
ICICI Prudential Focused Bluechip Equity Fund (Large Cap): 4.19%
Birla Sun Life Dividend Yield Plus (Dividend Yield): 2.78%.

 

2. Moderately Conservative Portfolio

Portfolio Objective:
To achieve long-term capital appreciation by investing 70% into bond funds and the remaining 30% into equity funds.

Total Investment:

INR 1,00,000

Portfolio CAGR since inception:
(Inception Date: 26 Feb 2010)

8.52%

Portfolio Value:

 INR 1,29,564

April 2013 Portfolio Return:

2.09%

    April 2013 Benchmark Return:

3.03%

Portfolio Commentary:

Debt funds:
PineBridge India Short Term Fund (Short Term): 1.01%
Templeton India Ultra-Short Bond Fund (Ultra Short Term): 1.02%
Canara Robeco Income Fund (Income): 1.93%
Birla Sun Life Dynamic Bond Fund (Dynamic Bond): 1.67%

Equity funds:
ICICI Prudential Focused Bluechip Equity Fund (Large Cap): 4.19%
UTI Opportunities Fund (Multi Cap): 4.62%
Birla Sun Life Dividend Yield Plus (Dividend Yield): 2.78%.

 

3. Balanced Portfolio

Portfolio Objective:
To achieve long term capital appreciation by investing 50% into bond funds and the other 50% into equity funds.

Total Investment:

INR 1,00,000

Portfolio CAGR since inception:
(Inception Date: 26 Feb 2010)

8.41%

Portfolio Value:

 INR 1,29.154,

April 2013 Portfolio Return:

2.53%

    April 2013 Benchmark Return:

3.44%

Portfolio Commentary:

Debt funds:
PineBridge India Short Term Fund (Short Term): 1.01%
Templeton India Ultra-Short Bond Fund (Ultra Short Term): 1.02%
Canara Robeco Income Fund (Income): 1.93%
Birla Sun Life Dynamic Bond Fund (Dynamic Bond): 1.67%

Equity funds:
ICICI Prudential Focused Bluechip Equity Fund (Large Cap): 4.19%
UTI Opportunities Fund (Multi Cap): 4.62%
Birla Sun Life Dividend Yield Plus (Dividend Yield): 2.78%
ICICI Prudential Discovery Fund (Contra/Value): 2.89%.

 

4. Moderately Aggressive Portfolio

Portfolio Objective:
To achieve long term capital appreciation by investing 30% into bond funds and 70% into equity funds.

Total Investment:

INR 1,00,000

Portfolio CAGR since inception:
(Inception Date: 26 Feb 2010)

8.21%

Portfolio Value:

 INR 1,28,382

April 2013 Portfolio Return:

3.61%

    April 2013 Benchmark Return:

3.89%

Portfolio Commentary:

Debt funds:
PineBridge India Short Term Fund (Short Term): 1.01%
Templeton India Ultra-Short Bond Fund (Ultra Short-term): 1.02%
Templeton India Income Builder Account – Plan A (Income): 2.53%

Equity funds:
DSP BlackRock Top 100 Equity Fund (Large Cap): 5.27%
Mirae Asset India Opportunities Fund (Multi Cap): 3.95%
ICICI Prudential Discovery Fund (Contra/Value): 2.89%
SBI Magnum Sector Funds Umbrella- Emerging Businesses Fund (Mid Cap & Small cap): 3.24%
Reliance Banking Fund (Sector): 7.12%
PineBridge Infrastructure & Economic Reform Fund (Sector): 4.99%.

 

5. Aggressive Portfolio

Portfolio Objective:
To achieve long term capital appreciation by investing 10% into bond funds and 90% into equity funds.

Total Investment:

INR 1,00,000

Portfolio CAGR since inception:
(Inception Date: 26 Feb 2010)

8.45%

Portfolio Value:

 INR 1,29,305

April 2013 Portfolio Return:

4.00%

    April 2013 Benchmark Return:

4.37%

Portfolio Commentary:

Debt funds:
PineBridge India Short Term Fund (Short Term): 1.01%
Templeton India Income Builder Account – Plan A (Income): 2.53%

Equity funds:
DSP BlackRock Top 100 Equity Fund (Large Cap): 5.27%
Mirae Asset India Opportunities Fund (Multi Cap): 3.95%
ICICI Prudential Discovery Fund (Contra/Value): 2.89%
SBI Magnum Sector Funds Umbrella- Emerging Businesses Fund (Mid cap & Small cap): 3.24%
PineBridge Infrastructure & Economic Reform Fund (Sector): 4.99%.
Reliance Banking Fund (Sector): 7.12%

 

6. Moderately Aggressive (Global) Portfolio:

Portfolio Objective:
To achieve long term capital appreciation by investing 30% into bond funds, 45% in domestic equity funds and 25% in global equity funds.

Total Investment:

INR 1,00,000

Portfolio CAGR since inception:
(Inception Date: 26 Feb 2010)

8.73%

Portfolio Value:

 INR 1,30,356

April 2013 Portfolio Return:

3.08%

    April 2013 Benchmark Return:

1.76%

Portfolio Commentary:

Debt funds:
PineBridge India Short Term Fund (Short Term): 1.01%
Templeton India Ultra-Short Bond Fund (Ultra Short Term): 1.02%
Templeton India Income Builder Account – Plan A (Income): 2.53%

Equity funds:
DSP BlackRock Top 100 Equity Fund (Large Cap): 5.27%
Mirae Asset India Opportunities Fund (Multi Cap): 3.95%
ICICI Prudential Discovery Fund (Contra/Value): 2.89%
SBI Magnum Sector Funds Umbrella- Emerging Businesses Fund (Mid cap & Small cap): 3.24%
Reliance Banking Fund (Sector): 7.12%
PineBridge Infrastructure & Economic Reform Fund (Sector): 4.99%.

Global equity funds:
JPMorgan JF Greater China Equity Off-shore Fund: 2.37%
Franklin Asian Equity Fund: 2.06%.

 

7. Aggressive (Global) Portfolio

Portfolio Objective:
To achieve long term capital appreciation by investing 10% into bond funds, 59% into domestic equity funds and 31% into global equity funds. Currently, we target an exposure of 10% to bond funds, 60% to domestic equity funds and 30% to global equity funds.

Total Investment:

INR 1,00,000

Portfolio CAGR since inception:
(Inception Date: 26 Feb 2010)

8.60%

Portfolio Value:

 INR 1,29,869

April 2013 Portfolio Return:

3.27%

    April 2013 Benchmark Return:

1.75%

Portfolio Commentary:

Debt funds:
PineBridge India Short Term Fund (Short Term): 1.01%
Templeton India Income Builder Account – Plan A (Income): 2.53%

Equity funds:
DSP BlackRock Top 100 Equity Fund (Large Cap): 5.27%
Mirae Asset India Opportunities Fund (Multi Cap): 3.95%
ICICI Prudential Discovery Fund (Contra/Value): 2.89%
SBI Magnum Sector Funds Umbrella- Emerging Businesses Fund (Mid Cap & Small Cap): 3.24%
PineBridge Infrastructure & Economic Reform Fund (Sector): 4.99%
Reliance Banking Fund (Sector): 7.12%

Global equity funds:
JPMorgan JF Greater China Equity Off-shore Fund: 2.37%
Franklin Asian Equity Fund: 2.06%.

 

Our Benchmark Index

Benchmark Index*

Conservative

M Conservative

Balanced

M Aggressive

Aggressive

M Aggressive
(Global)

Aggressive
(Global)

I -BEX

90%

70%

50%

30%

10%

30%

10%

BSE 100

10%

30%

50%

70%

90%

45%

60%

MSCI World Index

0%

0%

0%

0%

0%

25%

30%

* Benchmark Indices created using Neutral allocation


iFAST and/or its content and research team’s licensed representatives may own or have positions in the mutual funds of any of the Asset Management Company mentioned or referred to in the article, and may from time to time add or dispose of, or be materially interested in any such. This article is not to be construed as an offer or solicitation for the subscription, purchase or sale of any mutual fund. No investment decision should be taken without first viewing a mutual fund's offer document/scheme additional information/scheme information document. Any advice herein is made on a general basis and does not take into account the specific investment objectives of the specific person or group of persons. Investors should seek for professional investment, tax, and legal advice before making an investment or any other decision. Past performance and any forecast is not necessarily indicative of the future or likely performance of the mutual fund. The value of mutual funds and the income from them may fall as well as rise. Opinions expressed herein are subject to change without notice. Please read our disclaimer in the website.


 


Comments (0) | Comment on this Article
 (Click on Comments/Comment on this Article to show or hide comments/post a comment)
USEFUL LINKS
Recommended Funds
Recommended Portfolios
Chart Centre
Risk Profiler