Why Mutual Funds?
Mutual Funds: The Linchpin of a Household's Investment Plan
5 reasons why mutual funds are the best form of investment for households:
If you are new to mutual funds, check out these sections first:
- Being well-diversified financial instruments, they are less risky than if you were to invest in individual stocks.
- You can reap investment opportunities from all over the world, as they are invested globally and into different financial instruments.
- They are managed by professional fund managers who aim to obtain higher returns for your money. You do not need to monitor equity markets closely for fluctuations.
- There is a wide selection of mutual funds available to meet the different investment objectives of investors. Staying invested over time, these returns can compound to very attractive amounts, unlike savings deposits.
- Fund houses are bound by agreement to purchase the mutual funds back from you should you decide to sell your holdings, at the prevailing price on the date of sale, regardless of the number of units sold. Liquidity gives flexibility.
If you already know the basics of mutual fund investing, check out these sections: